Monday, March 5, 2012

God, My Standard Issue of Faith Gear is Busted

Sometimes I wonder if God forgot my personal force field when I accepted Him as my Savior. Maybe, it's defective and it needs to go in for a repair or two, or maybe I need to be issued a better instruction manual. You know the Scripture that talks about our personal force field right? 


11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.Ephesians 6:11-13.

The pressures of motherhood, personal issues that I can't seem to let go, and old wounds have been reopened. The problem is that I still believe life would be better, if not safer in the arms of Christ. Here is the reality check, God didn't promise a safe life filled with roses and problems nonexistent. He brought my reality check this morning when I happened to have read a devotional email for mommies:

Beloved, do not be surprised as the fiery ordeal among you, which comes upon you for your testing, as though some strange thing were happening to you. 1 Peter 4:12.

Instead, He reminded me to renew my mind daily by talking with Him. Not just going through the motions of reading my Bible and sending up a quick prayer; but to really sit down and tell Him what's on my heart. When we spend time with Him, it's like we buff our armor and ensuring it fits correctly. 

Because we are going to have trials, via tantrum prone kids, venomous encounters with not so friendly people, financial strain; we can rest in knowing that He has provided what we need, when we need it. We can rest knowing that our force field will protect us through trials and will shape our spiritual life, tempering it, and strengthening our resolve. 

Go on, talk to Him about your day, talk to Him about what is on your heart. This will give Him the opportunity to prepare you to walk through the next trial with Him Shielding what needs shielded and helping you battle what needed battled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...